Introducing to you Autorun Eater. Autorun Eater is NOT an anti-virus nor does it pretend to be one. Autorun Eater is meant to work side-by-side with your AV application.
As more and more malwares resort to ‘autorun.inf’ file tactics, there has been a need for such a tool, especially for new users. Of course there are other ways to avoid the ‘autorun.inf’ malware trap such as right-clicking-explore, but how many are actually aware of such a method.
Wouldn’t it be better if it was already deleted even before you access the infected drive?
What are some of the features of Autorun Eater?
1. Scan and remove suspicious ‘autorun.inf’ files found in the root directory of drives, A-Z, in real-time
2. Hotkey enabled to toggle scan
3. Start, Stop or Pause scan
4. Scan priority(normal/high)
5. Scan results are logged
6. Add and remove from startup entry
And most importantly, it’s free!
No fancy GUIs but it works!
If you would like to submit any suggestions or report any bug(s), please feel free to contact us.